How I Learned I Was Not Totally Tech-Stupid, And What I Plan To Do To Raise My Bar

Image courtesy of suphakit73 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

In keeping with the theme of the importance of being technologically literate, I wanted to share the article, The 50 Free Apps We're Most Thankful For from LiveHacker.com.  When I came across this piece and clicked on the headline, I fully expected to feel like an idiot for not knowing about or having even heard of most the apps.  I can be rather technologically illiterate, especially with new media.

To my surprise, I already use several of these apps on a regular basis, and I've heard of most of them. My husband uses Google Voice (No. 9) and FoxFi (No. 21) with great success.

But knowing about them isn't enough for me. So to up my technology literacy skills, I set a goal to at least research the following apps in 2013.

Evernote (No. 4)
Pocket (No. 5)
Spotify (No 11) DONE! (Just jammed to Gangnam Style. Not proud, but it is what it is.)
Google Calendar (No. 14)
Mint (No. 24).

I know ... these are not earth-shattering, cutting-edge apps to most of the digital world, but it's a step toward increased technological literacy in my world. I chose these particular ones because I'm looking for ways to 1) have fun and 2) simplify my life.

If you've used any of the apps on this list, I'd love to hear how and why. And share your usage tips! If you try something new from this list, I'd love to hear how it worked out

Thanks for reading! It keeps your Mind Full of Literacy!

1 comments:

Jenifer Phillips said...

I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award!! Your blog is great and I thank you for sharing your thoughts & resources. Check out my blog for all of the details regarding your award!
-Jenifer

http://mrspedtechtalk.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-blog-award.html

Post a Comment